With a focus on faculty, staff, and student involvement to be more energy and resource efficient and reduce waste, the College of Human Sciences Safety and Sustainability Committee promotes practices and supports efforts within the college to meet the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations.
Significant projects and efforts
- Educating CHS community on recycling programs
- Supporting CHS implementation of energy and resource efficient methods
- Seeking ideas for sustainability practices for CHS
How you can help
- Adopt and promote techniques that conserve energy and resources and promote environmentally friendly practices
- Provide suggestions and feedback to the committee on sustainability practices and efforts to be more green
- Serve as an advocate in a CHS department or program for being environmentally responsible
We meet monthly to discuss projects and the Live Green Initiative. Please contact our committee for more information.