Schedule a visit and experience our friendly, beautiful, and unique university for yourself!
Visit programming moved online
Out of an abundance of caution and to prioritize the health and safety of our guests and campus, we are temporarily suspending all of our on campus visit programming due to the continuous spread of COVID-19. We know how disappointing and disruptive this is to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus once programming resumes. In the meantime, the College of Human Sciences is available to connect with you remotely. Choose the option that works best for you:
- We are hosting virtual visit days. Discuss your major(s) of interest and specific questions by email, phone, or video chat. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-0865 to schedule a time.
- Text your questions directly to (515) 203-3539, and we will respond during business hours, 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Iowa State University campus visits
Our Admissions office hosts multiple visits throughout the year. These are ideal for your first trip to campus, and most of these visits include an academic session with an adviser in your major of interest. Choose from:
- Experience Iowa State is an open house program. You have the opportunity to talk to a panel of Iowa State students, attend various interest sessions, and tour areas of campus.
- Daily Campus Visit includes an enrollment presentation, a campus tour, and a residence hall tour. On most weekdays, a visit with an adviser in the academic area of your choice is possible.
- Transfer Student Visit Days focus on small group sessions with our previous transfer students to discuss the process you'll be going through to transition to Iowa State.
College of Human Sciences campus visits
The College of Human Sciences offers several types of campus visits. Choose one that works for you.
- Day in the Life is designed as a second campus visit for seniors in high school who have been offered admission. This visit gives students a true taste of college life with class and faculty visits based on student interests in addition to tours of campus facilities.
- Major Exploration Days allow students to choose a visit directly related to their career interests.
- Group visits are designed for school classes, clubs, or organizations.
Traveling to Iowa State and Central Iowa
Take a virtual tour of campus. To learn more about the College of Human Sciences, click on the link to MacKay Hall once you've opened the virtual tour.