In order to remain in good standing for continued membership, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50

After freshman year:

  • Attend a CHS Honors Program orientation.
  • Participate in at least two 300 level honors seminars.
  • Complete one, 3 credit honors course outside your department.
  • Complete one, 3 credit honors course inside your department.
    • Non-honors courses can receive honors designation with the permission of the instructor and by completing an honors credit form.
  • Develop an honors project and present at a poster presentation.

Each student's progress will be reviewed at the beginning of each semester. Should a student not make progress, they may be dropped from the program.

How do I enroll in an honors course?

There are 3 ways to enroll.

  1. Register for a course with an honors section by using the schedule of classes web page. Once there, select the semester you are looking for, click on toggle advanced search, check show all sections, and enter the word "honors" in the title/keyword search. 
    • Previous inside courses included: A M D 204H, A M D 354H, A M D 372H, HD FS 317H, HSP M 333H, HSP M 439H. 
    • Previous outside courses included: ENGL 302H, PHYS 221H, ACCT 284H, PHYS 221H, SP CM 212H, WGS 201H
  2. Register for a non-honors course and contract an honors component with the professor. To receive honors credit, the student and instructor complete the online honors credit contract by the end of the 4th week of classes. We added a few examples of previous contracts so you can have an idea of what it may look like. 

  3. Successfully complete a three credit, 500 level graduate course. 

I am in an honors course but the H is not appearing on my degree audit.

The H designation for honors courses will not appear on your degree audit while you are enrolled in the course. The H designation will appear after grades are posted.

The H designation will not appear for graduate level courses even though they do count as an honors course. 

If your honors courses or graduate level courses do not fall correctly into the honors section of your degree audit, ask your academic adviser to submit a degree audit adjustment.